Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Special Forecast Discussion: April 3, 2012

Special Forecast Discussion valid April 3, 2012.

This special forecast discussion has been issued as the Storm Prediction Center has outlined a 10% risk of tornadoes, making this a high-end slight risk severe weather area today.

Tornadoes have already been confirmed today, with gut-wrenching video showing trailers being thrown about like paper airplanes.

This was not unexpected, but the magnitude was, in a few aspects. I anticipate the threat to increase as more rotation in the atmosphere is seen in northeast Texas as the storms also move east into this rotation.

A short-term Storm Action Day is now in effect.

-Andrew

5 comments:

ERN WX said...

Hello, Andrew. The one thing that really worries me is large cities are in danger and many paople wrongly believe that large cities never experience tornadoes. I have been tracking thses storms since they developed and I have been horrified by what I am seeing. A busy day we will have.

ERN WX said...

Andrew, when people attack you, I am still going to stick by you like any friend should.

ERN WX said...

The storm that just developed north of San Antonio TX has characteristics of a supercell. That one will probably produce a tornado within an hour. I have seen it happen too often. Bright sunny day.....a supercell develops and a tornado. I just hope the warnings are in time and taken seriously.

Andrew said...

Yes- these large cities are a very concerning thing, especially with the severity the storms are exhibiting. And thank you for the support- it really means a lot. I will also back you and mike up at all times.

ERN WX said...

Thanks, friend. I appreciate it.